Monday, April 03, 2006

A bittersweet reunion...

You people out there may not realize this, but there's only about a month's worth of classes left here at good ol' PU. I was thinking the other day about this paradox that I've been living in for the last 3 months. There are some days when all I want to do is get away from here. I just want to be home where there's people I know, and classes I'm actually good at, and grass to walk on. But then there are other times (which I'm happy to say are growing more frequent) (I think) (maybe), when I feel like I belong here, like I was right to fight to get here. I know that next semester is going to be very hard, and half way through I'll probably wish that it would be over, but I also know that I'll be excited to come back here in the fall. It looks like I will definitely get the same job back, which is wonderful. I like working at the library.
If I can just pass calc II I'll go into summer break a happy person!!!
Children, the moral of this story is that even when you feel desperately out of place, the human heart is a very versatile thing, you can get used to an upended universe and you can wind up actually liking it that way.

No comments: