Wednesday, June 11, 2014

In which I try to ignite my latent domestic proclivities...

Now that I am out of school I have determined to make up a little bit of the debt I owe to Paul. For the last three years he has been doing the majority of the household work, whilst I spent my time adding to my degree collection. I do not enjoy housework but I'm giving it my best shot, straightening this and that, doing some dishes, taking out the trash, actually making the bed every morning. Yesterday Paul admitted to me that he had noticed that I was making the bed every morning and that he was somewhat alarmed thinking that perhaps it was "some kind of warning, or maybe a trap." So what I'm saying is, my housekeeping bar has been set pretty low... I can work with that!

3 comments:

Mrs. Milanowski said...

I find that picking one room and focusing on just what you can clean in there can really help. Vacuum it. Clean the windows/mirrors. Mop if applicable. Dust it. Spend 30 minutes in there. Then, focus on another room a day or two later. You're not spending much time cleaning, but eventually it makes a visible difference and you feel like you've done something.

Renee L. said...

That's a good idea. Thanks, Corrie!

Paul Kuliniewicz said...

Wait... making the bed every morning, *and* blogging again? Who are you, and what have you done with the real Renee?