Monday, July 03, 2006

Back in the swing...

...of things here at home. As some of you may know, I am taking a six week chemistry course here at IUS because I failed it the first time around when I took it at Purdue. This is not something I plan to make a habit out of!!! But anyway, this time it is going exponentially better. Fantastically better! Round about the middle of last semester when they switched teachers on us right before the mid-term, I realized that it wasn't all me. I learned more in that first 50 minute class with the new teacher then I had all semester long with the old one. Granted, chemistry isn't exactly my niche in the academic world, but I generally don't fail things just for fun. So this time around, with Dr. Fleischer giving excellent instruction, I am actually understanding lectures and then I go home and can actually do the homework with minimal panic attacks, slavering, wailing and gnashing of teeth. It's swell.
It is kind of strange being back at IUS, especially with my favorite teacher gone on sabbatical (the Most Wise and Honorable Physics Professor, Dr. Forinash). I do miss Purdue, I am looking forward to coming back there, and I really really hope that the fall semester goes extraordinarily well, so I can get extraordinarily good grades.
That's about all I can think of to say right now so until next time, the moral children, of this little story is never never ever give up.

No comments: