Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Just so you know...

...I have decided to go ahead and drop aeromechanics. At this point, yeah I might be able to salvage it, but not without sacrificing big time on my other 4 courses. As much as I hate quitting, it's not worth it to get bad grades across the board. I can't take the chance of failing anything.
Dr Garrison gave me permission to continue sitting in on the class and turning in homework, so I will try my best to catch up (I didn't ask if I can still take exams, we'll see about that later I guess) and understand the material so it won't be so hard next semester.
Speaking of which, I registered for spring classes today. Right now we're looking at Aeromechanics again, Thermo, Linear Algebra, Multivariate Calc, and Intro to Anthropology. Do I hear the devil laughing?

Thank you Christine and Jenny for the encouraging, complimentary, and inspiring comments! I really appreciate it that you took time to try to cheer me up and give me advice. It did help, really. You've no idea how highly I value a good friend. Well maybe you do know. They don't grow on trees.
I still don't feel good about the whole thing, but that's ok. I'll do what I have to do. This is better then indecision at any rate.

Oh and I have my car back. Stu drove me over in his hot red sports car to pick it up yesterday. No check engine light anymore. Yay.

And now I must get back to analyzing Eternal Sunshine. Thanks for letting me and Kara hang with you and watch it Jenny! I had a great time. That's the kind of homework I like.

~ "On the way there I saw a specimen of the rare but spectacular Sprinting Geek. As he shot past, shirt tail flapping in the wind I briefly spotted the glint of his telltale pocket protector in the moonlight." ~ Yours Truly

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cheers for you! Sounds like a wise decition. By all means, follow my expert advice on failing classes and stay in for exams if at all possible, it really aided my chem. learning this summer. Practice almost invariably makes better (if not perfect). Also given that this time around in the organic chem I've got Mr. I-Own-Hair-Gel-Stocks I depend greatly on my past teacher and notes I took from his class. Even if it just lessens the anxiety level next twirl, it's worth it! Today is my last mid-term and if I live through it hehe, we can have a good long chat finally. What kind of Anth. course is it? Cult, Ling,
Phys, Eco, Arch, or just a general? You don't want to take phys unless you like hearing Homo erectus followed by classmates twitters several zillion times! Cult. is facinating, my favorite!!! Dr. Jackson would be proud?
Love,
me
PS have lost my "School is cool" button, aid needed in procurement of replacement.